December 30, 2010

EXECUTIVE ORDER EXTENDED AGAIN

Please see the attached Executive Order 10-283, regarding the extension of the declared State of Emergency due to continued freezing temperatures. This declaration will ensure that timely precautions are taken to protect Florida’s agricultural crops.


If you have any questions or need additional information, please call Governor Crist’s press office at (850) 488-5394.

STATE OF FLORIDA

OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR

EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 10-283

(Emergency Management – Freezing Temperatures)

On December 10, 2010, I issued Executive Order 10-262 declaring a state of emergency due to the threat that freezing temperatures posed to much of the State of Florida. Freezing weather continued over much of the state and thus on December 16, 2010, I issued Executive Order 10-275 extending the state of emergency through and including December 31, 2010. As the danger posed by freezing temperatures continues in Florida, I am issuing this Executive Order to extend for an additional seven days a state of emergency to ensure timely precautions are taken to protect Florida’s agricultural interests.

As Governor, I am responsible to meet the dangers presented to this state and its people by this emergency. Therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me by article IV, section 1(a) of the Florida Constitution and by the State Emergency Management Act, part I, chapter 252, Florida Statutes, and all other applicable laws, I promulgate the following Executive Order, to take immediate effect:

Section 1. Because of the foregoing conditions, I find that the continuation of the activities needed to harvest crops and transport them to processing plants without delay is of critical importance to the state’s farming community and economy.

Section 2. I extend Executive Order 10-262 for seven days through January 7, 2011.

IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Florida to be affixed, at Tallahassee, the Capitol, this 29th day of December 2010.

Signed:

CHARLIE CRIST

ATTEST:

DEPARTMENT OF STATE

No comments:

Post a Comment